This is the famous Italian grape of Chianti which thrives in the warmth of our Guilford County estate vineyard in the Piedmont of North Carolina. The Grove Sangiovese is made as a big, unfiltered super-Tuscan style wine blended with a touch of Cabernet. Aged with European oak. Pairs very well with rack of lamb, sausages and steaks.
Here is Tastings review of the current 88 rated 2015 Grove Estate Sangiovese:
"Brick red color. Fruity aromas of dried cherries, leather, root beer, and vanilla gelato with a satiny, lively, fruity light-to-medium body and a warming, appealing, medium-length peony petals, black pepper, and rhubarb finish with moderate oak. A noble take on food-friendly Sangiovese from North Carolina.."
- The 2015 Estate Sangiovese was rated 88 points by Tastings
- The 2012 Estate Sangiovese won a silver medal at the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition
- The 2011 Estate Sangiovese won silver medals at the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition and the 2015 NC Wine Competition
- The 2010 Estate Sangiovese won multiple medals including a silver medal at the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition
- The 2009 Estate Sangiovese won a silver medal at the 2010 NC Wine Competition and medaled at the the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition, 2011 NC State Wine Competiton and the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- The 2007 Estate Sangiovese medaled at the 2009 NC State Wine Competition and the 2009 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition
- The 2006 Estate Grove Sangiovese medaled at the 2008 Mid Atlantic Wine Competition and the pretigious 2008 Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition
- The 2005 Estate Grove Sangiovese was a medal winner in the 2007 and 2008 NC State Fair Wine Competitions