This is the same grape that goes into Italy's famous and expensive Barolo wines which thrives in the warmth of our Guilford County estate vineyard, resulting in a big, robust red wine. We have only 1/2 an acre (336 vines) of Nebbiolo planted at the winery.
The Nebbiolo always sells out quickly. The current vintage is now available and was aged for 15 months in European oak barrels. This very dry, red wine starts with hints of cherry and cream and finishes with spice and roses with a nice balance of acid and fruit. Pairs well with grilled meats.
- The 2010 vintage won a silver medal at the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- The 2009 vintage took a silver medal at the 2011 State Wine Competition and medaled in the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition and the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition.
- The 2008 vintage took a silver medal at the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition.
- The 2007 vintage took a silver medal at the 2009 NC Wine Competition and received a four bottle rating from NCWineTV.
- The 2006 vintage took medals at the 2008 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition and the 2007 and 2008 NC State Fairs.
- The 2005 Grove Nebbiolo took a silver medal at the 2006 NC State Fair and in the prestigious Atlantic Seaboard Vinifera Wine 2006 Competition.