Estate grown. European oak aged. Smooth, light Merlot, velvety soft with a bit of black cherry.
- The 2012 vintage won a gold medal at the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition and received an 88 rating from Tastings
- The 2011 vintage won Silver at the 2015 NC Wine Competition
- The 2010 vintage won a silver medal at the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition
- The 2009 vintage took silver medals at both the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern and the 2010 NC State Wine competitions and received 84 points from the Beverage Tasting Institute
- The 2008 vintage took medals at both the 2009 NC State Wine Competition and the 2009 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition
- The 2006 vintage took silver at the Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition and bronze at the 2008 NC State Fair
- The 2005 vintage Merlot was a gold medal winner in the 2006 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition
The review for the 2012 Merlot by BTI's Tastings stated: "Ruby color. Attractive spiced cherry and melon, potpourri, and vanilla aromas and flavors with a supple, fruity-yet-dry medium body and a tangy plum and pepper accented finish with parchment-like tannins. A solid merlot with good purity and spice."