Malbec is one of the six classic Bordeaux red grapes. To fully express its flavors Malbec needs a lot of heat and sun which makes it a great grape for this area. The Grove Malbec is made from 100% locally grown fruit and has great tannins and color.
Here is Tastings review of the current 88 rated 2014 Grove Malbec:
"Dusty violet color. Fruity aromas of cherry, watermelon candy, and pomegranate molasses with a slightly chewy, crisp, dry-yet-fruity medium-to-full body and an appealing, medium-long chocolate wafer and golden tomatoes finish with dusty tannins and moderate oak. A successful North Carolina take on Malbec that is fruity and intriguing."
- The 2014 Malbec received 88 Points from Tastings
- The 2013 Malbec medaled at both the 2015 NC Wine Competiton and the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Wine Competition
- The 2010 Malbec won a gold medal at the 2011 NC State Wine Competition
- The 2009 Malbec won a gold medal at the 2011 NC State Wine Competition
- The 2008 Malbec won a gold medal at the 2010 NC State Wine Competititon